Welcome to our page all about EYFS.
There are two EYFS classes at Phil and Jim – Green Circle One and Green Circle Two.
Green Circle One are taught by Mrs Davies (Monday and Tuesday), Mrs Hudspith (Wednesday – Friday) and Ms Fiorentino and Green Circle Two are taught by Mrs Ponsonby and Miss Matthews.
The Characteristics of Effective Learning run through and underpin all areas of learning and development in EYFS. They are:
- Playing and exploring
- Finding out and exploring
- Playing with what they know
- Being willing to ‘have a go’
- Active Learning-motivation
- Being involved and concentrating
- Keep trying
- Enjoying achieving what they set out to do
- Creating and thinking critically-thinking
- Having their own ideas
- Making links
- Choosing ways to do things
We use the Read, Write, Inc Phonics program to teach children at Phil and Jim. This is a daily program which delivers the necessary tools for your child to read and spell words. You can find out more by reading our Phonics leaflet.