Welcome to our MCAS help page!
Click the Logo below to login to MCAS (My Child At School)
MCAS is our school management information system. Through the parent account, parents can view/amend contact details, book and pay for breakfast club and ASC sessions, contact and receive emails from the school (replacing parentmail). MCAS will also update parents on their child’s house points and weekly homework.
The parent and/or carer with an account is responsible for managing their account for booking, amending, cancelling and ensuring adequate bookings are made in good time for wraparound care and lunch provision.
To book school dinners
- Go to the Dinner Detail widget and click more (This will open up the menu where you can make your selection)
To pay for school dinners
- On the Dinner Money widget, enter the amount you wish to pay in the Deposit Amount box
- Click add to basket and check out in the usual way
(Please note dinner money becomes due on the day lunch is taken so you may wish to pay weekly or termly in advance if you do not pay in full at the time of booking.)
To cancel a dinner booking (up to 1 day before)
- Go to Dinner Detail and click More (as if you were booking a lunch)
- Find the date you wish to cancel and use the clear button to unselect
To book After school or Breakfast club
- Select Breakfast & After School Club from the left hand menu
- Select a club from the Available Wraparound care clubs by clicking on the magnifying glass
- Click on the session you wish to book
- A pop up box will appear showing a summary of what you are about to book. If correct, proceed and enroll
(The wraparound care clubs screen now shows the sessions booked and costs with the option to Add to Basket. If paying with childcare vouchers you do not need to add to basket as your balance will be credited once we have received the voucher. If you are paying using a card, click add to basket and enter the amount you wish to pay off the balance. This can be full or part payment in line with our Terms & Conditions.
Once you have made a booking, the club will move to the section above but you will follow the same process to make future bookings.)
To cancel an Afterschool or breakfast club booking (up to 7 days in advance of booking date)
- From the Clubs & Trips widget click on black arrow next to the club
- Click on the magnifying glass next to the club
- Click on the session you wish to cancel – an X will now show
- Click Proceed to cancel the session
(Refunds for cancelled sessions will automatically be refunded to the card used to make payment. If you have paid using childcare vouchers, your voucher balance will receive the credit. Please note that refunds for cancelled ASC and Breakfast club bookings will only be issued if cancelled at least 7 days in advance.)
To email your child’s class teacher
- From the Classes widget click on the teacher’s email address
To update your contact details
- Select Data Collection Form from the right-hand menu. This will show the details we hold for your child
- Click on the blue View your personal details button (top right) to switch to your information. This is where you can make amendments to your telephone number and email address. Any changes will then be approved by the school before your child’s record is updated
To view your Payment history
- Click on the drop down next to your name (top left).
Receiving messages from school
- These will appear in your Messages – envelope icon at top of the page to left of your Profile and name.
(Please ensure you have switched on notifications to alert you to these. If not, you will need to regularly check here for any new messages.)
NB: SS Philip and James school does not manage MCAS accounts on behalf of parents or carers. Parents and carers who have accounts are responsible for managing their accounts and their bookings.